× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS remote with Android

razorbrades
Follower

ReadyNAS remote with Android

I am trying to set up my ReadyNAS Duo so that the ReadyNAS Remote Android app can access it remotely. I am currently on RAIDiator 4.1.10.

My problem is that when I activate ReadyNAS Remote on RAIDiator it asks me to search for users, or to mail them an email invite. If I try to add a user that has already been set up in the User Groups and Accounts I cannot see them, even though I can navigate back to the User Groups page and they are there. If I ask to send an email nothing ever arrives. I have activated FTP as instructed but somehow I cannot seem to add users other than admin to the system.

I am using Windows XPSP3 and Bullguard firewall.
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS remote with Android

Maybe give up on ReadyNAS remote for the time being, and use ES File Manager on the Android device instead?
Message 2 of 9
otivax
Aspirant

Remote users aren't NAS users. You must create a new account for Readynas Remote at https://remote.readynas.com/
With this new user you can login in android app and then you'll see your shares.
Set NAS users to access for each folder.
Sorry for my poor english.
Enviado desde mi LG-P920
Message 3 of 9
ivath0
Aspirant

I have a similar problem: I want to access my ReadyNAS Duo, RAIDiator 4.1.10 from 2 x Windows PCs and 2 x Android phones.
I have setup email addresses on Gmail for the Android devices and a Gmail account for the ReadyNAS. I can send alerts to all 4 users from the ReadyNAS using its Gmail account (but not its internal account). However, despite ReadyNAS Remote v 1.0.9.78 finding the email accounts for the Android devices and showing 'Email Invite' in the Allowed User Name Box, no matter what I have tried I have been unable to send the Email Invites. It seems that without those Email Invites it is not possible to Register the Android devices because the ReadyNAS Remote for Android installed on the phones cannot connect to the ReadyNAS.
Message 4 of 9
Uncluesteve01
Aspirant

Simular problem here. I got readynas remote to work just fine on my Windows 8 Laptop but It will not show a folder list on any of my android devices. It appears to be login in because when I log into readynas remote on my android tablet it signs me off from the laptop I was connected on. Vary frustrating. :evil:

One thing I noticed for the setup on the windows laptop vs. the android table. On the Android table there is no advanced settings. I am using Port forwarding to get to my readynas NV+ v1. Before I setup the Port forwarding I could not log into readynas remote on the laptop either. As soon as the port forwarding was setup the laptop worked just fine. I'm not sure if this is the root of the problem, Netgear is the only on that can say for sure, but it look like an obvious culprit.
Message 5 of 9
verb14
Aspirant

I'm using a ReadyNAS 102 (OS 6.0.8)

Am having trouble logging into Remote via the Android client - The Android app connects to the NAS and displays a list of shares, but when I enter the login credentials for a user who has access, I get this error: "Cannot connect to share "xyz". Unable to login".

Do I need to enable FTP for the Android Remote app to work?

cheers...
Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Enabling FTP with anonymous access and using that would be worth a try.
Message 7 of 9
verb14
Aspirant

@mdgm, Thanks; tried it over the weekend but no luck - now I'm not even getting the share listing when I log in from the Android app - just a blank screen with the tabs - remote/local/gallery; will try again after rebooting the NAS and reinstalling the Android app.

BTW, any idea if I can re-register my 102 with ReadyCloud - had removed the user and cannot add again - searching with the serial number isn't helping either.

cheers...
Message 8 of 9
horim80
Guide

All of the Android apps which related with the ReadyNAS will be fixed...
but won't be ready until late summer..
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements