× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS102 - How long does formatting 2 newly added 8tb drives take?

Trismegistus
Aspirant

ReadyNAS102 - How long does formatting 2 newly added 8tb drives take?

I have replaced 2 4tb drives with 2 8tb drives.  How long should the formatting take?  So far I've been waiting 3.5 days!  Both disk lights are on as is the Act light, and the on/off light is flashing while I can hear the drive(s) whirring.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS102 - How long does formatting 2 newly added 8tb drives take?

Hi @Trismegistus

Welcome to the Community!

Formatting the drives should not take that long, resync/rebuild of the RAID will take some time specially if the NAS is doing other tasks or is busy and also since you are expanding it might take time than the initial setup.

You should be able to see how much has been done on the volume page under the System tab.

Your NAS should still be accessible if you need to. Is your system accessible? the on/off light flashing I assume that is the power button right?

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Trismegistus
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS102 - How long does formatting 2 newly added 8tb drives take?

Thanks. At that stage I was unable to access the Admin page for the NAS.  Before I got your welcome reply I gave up on the process and did a reset which worked fine.  Had a few issues with "Discover" but now all is working fine with full Admin page and ReadyCloud access, and NAS is 75% filled with all my music and music vids.

Thanks for your support.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements