× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas NV+ RND4000 v3: admin login does not work

ArizonaIZI
Aspirant

ReadyNas NV+ RND4000 v3: admin login does not work

After not having used my RND4000 for a few years, I'm trying to relink it in my little network (via Apple Time Capsule), managed from an iMac.

I downloaded the newest version of RAIDar (6.5.0) and after a factory reboot fied up the tool, which gives me an encouring view:

Schermafbeelding 2019-03-29 om 12.35.49.png

However, since my iMac can only link to it as 'guest' I wanted to enter the Admin Page... and that's where it goes south: I obviously don't remember the userID nor the password, however, with al the info online, I tries OS reboots, factory reboots, ... nothing helps, it seems stuk on the old userID/password, and won't revert to 'admin/password'... I always go back to the log in pop up:

Schermafbeelding 2019-03-29 om 12.41.02.png

So I'm stuck with a NAS drive that I can see but not use...  Several factory reboots later, still no change...

I found somewhere that the firmwre can/should be upgraded to RAIDiator-4.1.16 -- downloaded the thing, but arently cannot install it without getting into the RAIDar tool as administrator 😞

Any ideas/suggestions?  If I'm doing something wrong/stupid, please let me see the light (preferably in plain english, I'm not an IT guru 🙂  I can handle step by step deals, though 😉 )

Thank you in advance for any input/feedabck you'd like to throw at me!

Kind regards, Ivo

Model: ReadyNASRND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas NV+ RND4000 v3: admin login does not work

First of all, your NAS is referred to as an NV+ v1 here.  The v2 is a completely different platform (based on an ARM processor, your system uses a Sparc processor).  I get that you have a v3 label, but it doesn't mean what you think it might.

Second, the default admin password for your NAS is netgear1.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

First of all, your NAS is referred to as an NV+ v1 here.  The v2 is a completely different platform (based on an ARM processor, your system uses a Sparc processor).  I get that you have a v3 label, but it doesn't mean what you think it might.

Second, the default admin password for your NAS is netgear1.

Message 2 of 3
ArizonaIZI
Aspirant

Stephen,

You truly are a guru 😉  Simple as the soilution is, you've truly helped me!  Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements