× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Replicate

mbehr
Aspirant

Readynas Replicate

I am having trouble with bandwidth and need to stop they replication process between 2 seperate office ReadyNas systems.

When I log into the Replication site I select cancel but I cannot force any of the replications to cancel.

what can I do?

Besides turn off the Nas....

Marc

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Replicate

You could temporarily reset the network connection to use a static address, and remove any DNS entries in the NAS setup.  Then it shouldn't be able to reach the VPN traversal servers.

Message 2 of 4
mbehr
Aspirant

I will have to try that.  I have 4 seperate NAS devices saving to my local nas.

Each device is setup with a static IP.

I will need to log into each device to break the connection.

This has been happening daily here recently.

This will require a little time each day to do.

I would change ip's to stop the transfer and then I would need to change them back at the end of day so it will try and work again for the evening transfer.

I would prefer the "cancel" button to work as it should.

Otherwise there is no real way to stop the transfer without extra work.

I had to just shut down the backup this morning so tomorrow I may try this method.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Most home routers would let you block traffic for a specific device on schedule (part of parental controls).  That's another possibility perhaps, you might check to see if your routers also support blocking rules on a schedule.

Maybe someone from Netgear will chime in on whether there's a more direct way to get the result you need.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements