× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Static IP address for Nas

Hillward
Follower

Static IP address for Nas

How do I fix the IP address of the NAS so it is static. Please help

Model: RN20200|2BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 1 of 7
cpu8088
Virtuoso

find the network tab and then click on the blue wheel.  then choose settings and select ipv4. from there u can choose configure static.

Message 2 of 7
jak0lantash
Mentor

Basic operations are often described in the User Manual... Did you check it?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/READYNAS_OS_6_SM_EN.pdf

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

It is better to reserve a permanent address in your router than to use the static IP option of the NAS.  That prevents the router from giving out the same address to another unit if your NAS is off.  It also saves you headaches if you purchase a new router that uses a different subnet by default.

If there is some reason that you cannot reserve an address in the router, then make sure the permanent address you assign to the NAS is well above the typical DHCP range.

Message 4 of 7
Spike12
Aspirant

Hi Sandshark. I have that headache of a different submask! Raidar sees the drives and says all is ok but pc will not see the drives. Is there any way out of this please.

I am ok with pcs - but not Win10. My old submask was x.x.0.x new one is x.x.1.x. I used a fixed address for the NAS, a Readynas Duo v2 of x.x.0.100.

Thanks

Spike.

Message 5 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

An OS re-install will switch it back to DHCP.  Be careful not to do a factory default by mistake.  Re-install loses no data and resets minimal things (DHCP and admin password), but a default wipes everything.  Alternately, connect a PC directly to it and manually assign it an address in the same subnet, then go in and change the NAS to DHCP.  If you have ReadyNAS Remote enabled, I think you can also still go in through that and change it.

Message 6 of 7
Spike12
Aspirant

Many thanks, I have an old XP machine which should do it.

That reply was a great help. I will let you know how I get on.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements