× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updating Linux and Firmware

OldTimer25
Aspirant

Updating Linux and Firmware

Hi All ,

I have not used my ReadyNas NV + RND4000 for close to 7 years (remained boxed since house move). I wanted to bring it back into use but I am not sure what I need to do. I thought i would need to bring the Operating System  (linux?) and the firmware up todate? If I  connectect to my router and switch on will it go through the firmware updates automatically? I guess I would have to update the OS (linux) manually?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

OldTimer25

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Updating Linux and Firmware

Hi OldTimer25,

Welcome to the Community!

The NAS will not actually go through the firmware updates automatically once you connected it to the Internet. When you login to the NAS local admin page, there is an option there where you can let NAS check if there is an updated firmware image available. There is also an option where you can upload the firmware image manually to the NAS.

You can also tell me the current firmware version of your NAS so I can provide to you the correct information on where you can see those options on the admin page.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
OldTimer25
Aspirant

Hi John,

Thanks i will switch on and see if i can find the firmware version.

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi OldTimer25,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements