× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

do_exit+9ac on shutdown

shhowz
Aspirant

do_exit+9ac on shutdown

RN104 running latest firmware (6.9.3). No changes to system config or local network/environment conditions. System is presenting the following symptoms.

1) Power button does nothing. Normally, this cycles the display through several pieces of system information including name/IP address and ultimately will power down system on the fifth press. Button is now completely unresponsive, even when pressed and held for 5-10 secs

2) System shutdown (whether from power schedule or manually from browser) does not respond, device says it's going offline on the browser. Unit briefly displays corresponding message before presenting a message that reads 'do_exit+9ac'. System then hangs (with GUI unavailable) and requires manual removal of the power cable in order to proceed.

3) System does not accept a saved password (from firefox only). My admin password is saved in firefox and is correct but is rejected by the GUI. If I type the password out then the system allows access. I have double-checked the saved password in firefox and this is 100% correct, I've even changed it on the system to be sure and still have this issue. Does not seem to affect logins from chrome.

Has anyone had a similar experience and able to provide some assistance troubleshooting this please?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: do_exit+9ac on shutdown

The first two issues are I think the most concerning.

Is the ReadyNAS still covered by it's warranty?

Message 2 of 3
shhowz
Aspirant

Re: do_exit+9ac on shutdown

The device is out of warranty, otherwise I would be raising a ticket with NG support directly.

I was getting some assistance from user 'mdgm' who asked me to enable remote support on the device which I did but there has been no further correspondence.

I've now reset the device to factory default and still get the same issue. I will try manually rolling back to an old firmware if possible but as it stands this device is toast. Less than 5 years old, pretty disappointing really.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements