× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: pagemaker files mac os 9

dsnow67
Aspirant

pagemaker files mac os 9

Had to get a new server.  Now my Mac os 9 machine is not recognizing my pagemaker files on the new server.  Have to open them as untitled then resave every time I open the files.  Old readynas didn't have this problem. 

Model: RN12G0620|READYNAS 4200 12TB NETWORK STORAGE SYSTEM WITH 10GBE|EOL
Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @dsnow67

Welcome to the Community!

What message do you get when you try to open the file? That should not happen, did you recently updated your software? Have you tried opening the file on a different computer?

Btw Mac OS 9 is a very, very old operating system. The first Mac OS X release (the successor to Mac OS 9) was way back in 2001.

Which model was the old NAS and which model is the new NAS? Which firmware version is on each unit?

Regards

Message 2 of 8
dsnow67
Aspirant

The pagemaker files appear correctly with the pagemaker icon when viewed from the mac os 9 origanally.  But after I open the file for the first time and then save it back to the server, the files appear without the pagemaker icon when viewed from my mac os 9.   At this point I am forced to open the files from inside pagemaker and they open as "untitled" so  I am forced to rename the files and save over the old files every time I open one.  If I copy the files to my mac first, they work perfectly.  And they worked perfectly on my old server.  My old server was a readynas pro rndp 6350 with radiator 4.2.31.  My new server is RN426D2 with version 6.9.3. 

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 3 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @dsnow67

Do you notice when asking you to save the file if the file extension changes? This request might be happening since you are saving it on a new location.

Getting "untitled" to means it's a new project. If you can provide me screenshots when being ask to saved and when checking on the file we might be able to verify.

Regards

Message 4 of 8
dsnow67
Aspirant

I am not saving it to a new location.  I am saving it to the same location.  I have to retype the name and extension.  And I must be careful to type it exactly the same as to replace the old file and not end up with another file on the server with close to the same name

Message 5 of 8
dsnow67
Aspirant

That is the problem.  When I open the pagemaker file on the NAS 426 from my mac os 9 it thinks its a new project...even though it is not.  So after making changes I have to save over the old file by renaming with the exact name and extension as before to replace it on the NAS 426.  I do not have this problem on my RNDP6350 NAS.

Message 6 of 8
dsnow67
Aspirant

I don't know if there is something in the firmware that is different on these to netgear NAS machines..

RNDP6350 NAS is running radiator 4.231

NAS 426 is running 6.9.3 OS

Message 7 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Maybe check what protocols are enabled on each.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements