× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect to ReadyNas Pro SMB1 Protocol ??

falco1
Aspirant

Cant connect to ReadyNas Pro SMB1 Protocol ??

My readyNas Pro has being going great for quite a few years. I have three computers that connect to it, a laptop and two desktops.

Last week after the latest windows 10 updates, both desktops couldnt see or connect to the ReadyNas. Totally gone.

Laptop has no problems. I use ViceVersa Pro to back up my files to the ReadyNAS and it popped up with an error, that says "Target Folder not found, cant connect to the file share as its not secure. This share requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could expose your system to attack."

Can anybody help with this. It did it straight after the windows update, but the laptop does not have any problems seeing it or connecting, but desktops do.

Thanks for any help.

Model: RNDP6310-200|ReadyNAS® Pro 6
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cant connect to ReadyNas Pro SMB1 Protocol ??

You can enable the SMBv1 client on the desktop systems by opening CMD (right-click and "run as administrator").

Then enter 

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= auto

Longer term, you probably should look into installing the NFS client on your PCs - that will give you an alternative to SMB1.

Another option is to upgrade your Pro to run OS-6.  That will require a factory reset, so you would need to restore your data from backup.  OS-6 support SMBv3.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You can enable the SMBv1 client on the desktop systems by opening CMD (right-click and "run as administrator").

Then enter 

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= auto

Longer term, you probably should look into installing the NFS client on your PCs - that will give you an alternative to SMB1.

Another option is to upgrade your Pro to run OS-6.  That will require a factory reset, so you would need to restore your data from backup.  OS-6 support SMBv3.

Message 2 of 4
falco1
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Is my Pro capable of running  OS6. ??? I dont mind doing a reset, and starting again.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP600E|ReadyNAS Pro Pioneeer Chassis only
Message 3 of 4
falco1
Aspirant

OK updated to OS6 and everything seems to be running ok.

Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements