× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error reporter: "An error has occurred"

nsne
Virtuoso

Error reporter: "An error has occurred"

Been getting this error message every time I log into the admin console lately:

error_msg.png

Clicking "Inspect" or "Show Log" reveals no additional information. As for apps, I'm running the latest version of Plex, Logitech Media Server, BitTorrent Sync, and the built-in AV. That's it.

Does it maybe have something to do with Amazon Cloud Sync? I enabled that about a month ago.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: Error reporter: "An error has occurred"

You probably need someone from Netgear to take a look.

If you purchased a new unit between 1 June 2014 and 31 May 2016 then you have lifetime chat support.

Message 2 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nsne,

I suppose you still have you access your data. If you will ignore or close that window, can you still navigate the admin page properly? Also, we would like to check on your logs to know what's going on with your system. Instructions on how to send your logs can be found here.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 9
nsne
Virtuoso

I do have access to the data. It's weird: The error message reappears regularly, but it looks benign. I've shut off the add-ons and still had it reappear, so I'm assuming it's related to Amazon Cloud Sync. That's the only new feature I've enabled in the past month.

BrianL, I'm sending you the logs now via e-mail.

Message 4 of 9
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

There's definitely something strange about your Amazon Cloud Drive sync. 

I'll see if I can get more details about what kind of problem you're having. 

Message 5 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nsne,

Did you get any alerts or notification/s about possible problems with your system? If you need urgent access to your data, boot your unit into volume read-only mode.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
nsne
Virtuoso

Like I said, I've got full access to my data. Nothing appears seriously amiss at the moment. The only oddities are: 1. The cryptic error message on the admin page, and 2. The fact that Amazon Cloud Sync activity has dropped precipitously, with only one or two files being uploaded per day.

I've turned off Amazon Cloud Drive sync in the meantime.

Message 7 of 9
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

If you want to help with debugging this issue, can you enable Secure Diagnostics mode and PM me your 5 digit code? I'll turn on more verbose ACD logging to get more output from the syncing so we can look further into this. Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

We're investigating this issue with Amazon. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements