× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo, pulsing blue light

MacNasMan
Tutor

ReadyNAS Duo, pulsing blue light

Noticing it since last night, pulsing blue light, and 2 solid HD lights. Since my server turns on and off every day, don't know for how long it was in this state. FrontView and file shares are not available in explorer. I can hear the HDs spinning, as if there is some activity, like a resync or something like that. There were no failure emails sent to me, and I cannot access the logs. I did not try any upgrades, its been fine for a long time.

RAIDar does find my hardware, everything looks OK, in fact states my status is "Healthy". The only thing that seems off, the firmware version is showing as 4.1.1.4, which is not correct, I installed 4.1.1.5 a long time ago, not sure if this is relevant information or not. My hardware has been sending me the following message for a f, I have been ignoring it:

A newer version of the firmware for your ReadyNAS device is now available.  To install it, please go to the System page and click on the Update tab.  Then, go to the Remote tab, click the Check For Update button, then click Perform System Update.

Name: RAIDiator
 Version: 4.1.15
 Date: Mon Apr 27 14:19:36 2015
 Size: 57574912
 Description: http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_4_1_15_Notes

Wondering if I should try hard power re-set?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo, pulsing blue light

You'll have to do a forced power down if you can't access the system via frontview or ssh.  And since you can't access the data, you can't back up the data before you do that.

Here's a decoder ring for the Duo leds:

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

This doesn't fit your pattern (since your HD lights are solid), but perhaps it might when you reboot. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo, pulsing blue light

You'll have to do a forced power down if you can't access the system via frontview or ssh.  And since you can't access the data, you can't back up the data before you do that.

Here's a decoder ring for the Duo leds:

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

This doesn't fit your pattern (since your HD lights are solid), but perhaps it might when you reboot. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements