× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS How-To download RAIDar (what is the different with RAIDiator) 4.2.7 on PC

MemphisT
Aspirant

ReadyNAS How-To download RAIDar (what is the different with RAIDiator) 4.2.7 on PC

When I download either RAIDiator or RAIDar, I get some unknown file extension on RAIDiator-V4.2.27 and a Web-shortcut RAIDiator-V4.2.27.

I assume this is a Firmware file. These two files are not .EXE that I need to install RAIDar V4.2.27 on the PC.

From what I can tell I need RAIDar V4.2.27 for my ReadyNAS Pro 6 on my PC.

I cannot find RAIDar .EXEon the site to download. Can someone tell me where I can download the .EXE, please.

Back Ground:

I had it on my PC and I had to reimage it as it crashed. I had (from Memory) RAIDar 4.2.27. I can’t remember precisely how I got in on my PC. I'm fairly certain I downloaded it from the ReadyNAS Site.  but I can't find it again 

Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS How-To download RAIDar (what is the different with RAIDiator) 4.2.7 on PC

RAIDar is a PC program which can discover your NAS and provide some status information about it.  Raidar 4.3.8 and RAIDar 6.0 can both be found here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20684  

Both will work with your pro, though there are one or two things where you might need  the older 4.3.8.

RAIDiator is something else - it is firmware that it is installed on the NAS, not the PC(there are also some RAIDiator downloads in the link above).  The current version is 4.2.27.  I think you are simply mixing up the version numbers for the two packages.

You can see what RAIDiator version you have installed on the NAS from frontview (the web admin UI for the NAS).  RAIDar will also tell you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS How-To download RAIDar (what is the different with RAIDiator) 4.2.7 on PC

RAIDar is a PC program which can discover your NAS and provide some status information about it.  Raidar 4.3.8 and RAIDar 6.0 can both be found here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20684  

Both will work with your pro, though there are one or two things where you might need  the older 4.3.8.

RAIDiator is something else - it is firmware that it is installed on the NAS, not the PC(there are also some RAIDiator downloads in the link above).  The current version is 4.2.27.  I think you are simply mixing up the version numbers for the two packages.

You can see what RAIDiator version you have installed on the NAS from frontview (the web admin UI for the NAS).  RAIDar will also tell you.

Message 2 of 3
MemphisT
Aspirant

Cool, thank you.  I was downloading RAIDiator and not RAIDar...    Thank you again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements