× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 Cannot Find Nighthawk RAX48 network!

mrcpuhead
Aspirant

A6100 Cannot Find Nighthawk RAX48 network!

I find this problem extremely ironic. I have a known good NETGEAR A6100 USB wifi adapter on a Windows 10 computer. I say known good based on the fact that it works with at least two networks: my work site's WIFI, and my Google Pixel 6 Pro's T-Mobile hotspot.

However, this adapter will not detect my NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX48 router network! SSID discovery is turned on. The A6100 shows several of my neighbors' WIFI networks so I know it is functional in my home. The RAX48 is configured with Smart Connect with a single SSID so it can determine by client which band to use. I tried turning that setting off, but still no 2.4GHz nor 5GHz networks detected.

I've rebooted the router a couple of times and tried Windows 10 network troubleshooting wizard. Because this laptop is my work machine, I cannot do any Administrator level functions so my options are limited here.

Why would a NETGEAR adapter not work with a NETGEAR router??? 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: A6100 Cannot Find Nighthawk RAX48 network!

Try to disable AX mode on the RAX router. 

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

What driver version do you have installed for the A6100?

Message 3 of 7
mrcpuhead
Aspirant

Already disabled AX mode because numerous other devices in my home wouldn't work with it.
Message 4 of 7
mrcpuhead
Aspirant

On the work machine it's the Windows 10 native driver. I tried the latest a6100 driver on my home laptop and got the same problem.
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

I know this sounds stupid but you talked about the adapter able to pickup other networks. But are other devices able to see the RAX's broadcast? 

Message 6 of 7
mrcpuhead
Aspirant

Yes, every other device in my home sees the router and works fine. This is, again, cruel irony that the ONLY Netgear device in my home is the one that doesn't work with a Netgear router!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7