× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Genie BSoD

OG
Aspirant
Aspirant

A6210 Genie BSoD

I've been trying to get this fixed but I just can't find a solution. My computer has been crashing and the WiFi conenction has been great and then freezes up. I think it's because I have a corrupted driver of the latest version that is installed along with my correct/not-corrupted CD version of the driver (I have 2 of these genie things). The only problem is, I can't uninstall the corrupted A6120 Genie. Everytime I try to uninstall it, a box pops up saying "Preparing to install..." and a green bar fills up. Then all of a sudden the pop-up goes away and I am met with a small different one saying "1628: Failed to complete installation". Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
OG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: A6210 Genie BSoD

Update: I contacted support and they have helped me uninstall the corrupted driver with REVO Uninstaller. The expert I contacted was very helpful. Afterwards, my wireless connector is running fine... but the BSoD is still happening. I have no idea what the problem is now, but my Netgear product is working fine.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
OG
Aspirant
Aspirant

The BSoD also is a BAD_POOL_HEADER one.
Message 2 of 6
OG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also on Windows 10, sorry for not mentioning this in my actual post.
Message 3 of 6
OG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: I contacted support and they have helped me uninstall the corrupted driver with REVO Uninstaller. The expert I contacted was very helpful. Afterwards, my wireless connector is running fine... but the BSoD is still happening. I have no idea what the problem is now, but my Netgear product is working fine.
Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi OG,

Do you any antivirus installed on your computer? If yes, please try to disable it for the mean time to isolate the problem.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi OG,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7