× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 losing internet connection, disabling, causing windows networking functions to crash

Cpollman
Aspirant

A6210 losing internet connection, disabling, causing windows networking functions to crash

I've recently built a new machine which I have been using an A6210 wifi adapter for.  Recently, the adapter will lose connection to the internet, and windows networking applications will cease to work.  This consistently occurs after extended periods of time being connected to wireless internet.  At first i thought it was the result of the games I was playing, but unfortunately this is in fact capable of happening when the computer is sitting idle as well.  Every time this would happen to me I would run the troubleshooter, however during the troubleshooting process, the adapter would disable properly, but never re-enable.  Trying to manually re-enable the adapter through the network and sharing center options also does not work. And on some occurences the network and sharing center becomes inaccessible.  On top of this, Netgear A6210 genie (updated to ver. 1.0.0.34) will not start up when this happens, and cannot be uninstalled or reinstalled.  I had attempted to uninstall the driver to see if a re-install would fix things, but the driver's uninstallation process would freeze every time it ran.  The most unnerving part about this error is that it also prevents windows from shutting down.  Even when there are no other processes, and any frozen attempts to re-enable the adapter have been manually halted using task manager, the computer can be told to shut down and will begin the process, but remain powered on and frozen in the "shutting down" screen.

Computer specs:

Motherboard: GA-Z170X- Gaming 6
Processor: Intel i7 6700k
RAM: DDR4 2400
GPU: AMD Radeon 280x
Drive: Samsung SSD 850 pro 256gb

let me know if any more info is needed

Message 1 of 3
Cpollman
Aspirant

Re: A6210 losing internet connection, disabling, causing windows networking functions to crash

I posted this over a week ago.  Is nobody going to even acknowledge the issues I've been having?

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 losing internet connection, disabling, causing windows networking functions to crash

Hi Cpollman,

1. Is this the only software that you cannot uninstall?

2. What is the driver version of the adapter that you use to install?

Please try other drivers that can be found in support site.

If you cannot uninstall the adapter, you may need to check the registry of  your computer as it may need to be cleaned.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7