× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 drops connection every 10 seconds

machine_74
Guide

A7000 drops connection every 10 seconds

My wifi network is working great now but my A7000 adapter keeps losing packets every 10 seconds or so, as proven by ping tests and just a laggy connection.

--I've reinstalled the driver, as well as the trick where you install the Genie software, pull the driver folder out, uninstall Genie, and install a new driver from that folder.

--The rest of my wifi devices do not drop connection, so it's not the router.

--I do not have the reported RunSWUSB service that some have disabled to make this work.

Very frustrated. This stopped working all of a sudden and I'm trying different USB ports to no avail. 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2
machine_74
Guide

Re: A7000 drops connection every 10 seconds

Well, for whatever reason, I discovered that the dropped connection shappen with my wifi devices, but not with my main router. I can connect to the wifi that my router is broadcasting just fine, and they can see each other, so while it isn't clean and everybody on the same wifi network, they can each talk to each other and I'm good. I'm skepticla I'll purchase another USB wifi of this type again, after all the issues I read about.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7