× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Event 10400: A6200

Dustrega
Star

Event 10400: A6200

Hello all,

I have trawled Google, tried alternate drivers ranging from signed Netgear Beta drivers to BSOD-causing chipset manufacturer drivers. After hunting down several errors in my event log, one still persists among all else.

Event 10400, NDIS

The network interface "NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
This network interface has reset 4909 time(s) since it was last initialized.

This was merely leaving the wireless adapter attached to my computer overnight. The only way that I can fix the problem of intermittent connection issues is by unplugging the adapter and plugging the adapter back in, because it's a crapshoot whether the driver will restart on its own and regain connectivity.

It's baffling that the device worked with Windows 7, then I update to Windows 10 and suddenly with a new driver it goes straight down the drain in terms of performance:

- Disconnects at random

- No networks shown

- Can only remedy quickly by unplugging and reconnecting the device

Any thoughts?

Oh, you can get my DxDiag information here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbq5wdg48h1thqi/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

A copy of the event is here (device reset counter still rising):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnk3xo4ni9zfq4f/Event%2010400.txt?dl=0

Message 1 of 21
Dustrega
Star

More information:

This event occurs every 30 seconds btw. Fun times.

Message 2 of 21
Dustrega
Star

Also, is it really necessary to run the NetGroup Packet Filter when your router isn't even in play, Netgear?

Message 3 of 21
Dustrega
Star

I have tried the steps here:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23352

Unfortunately, no luck whatsoever. I would've thought that the community would be all over this. Did I miss something in your extensive forums or KB, Netgear?

Message 4 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Dustrega

We are currently working on the issues with the windows 10 drivers we have a thread with some ways to get them working properly and also we are collecting information from the community about the issues they are having so we can fix the issues. Please take a look at this thread.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/Windows-10-A6100-A6200-A6210-Installation-Heads-Up/m-...

DarrenM

Message 5 of 21
Dustrega
Star

Hello Darren,

Thank you for responding. My ire has subsided a little bit thanks to you. Per your request, I have replied to the thred you specified here. You may close this thread, if you wish.

Best regards,

Dustrega

Message 6 of 21
Plattfish
Guide

Hi there, has there been any solution found to this problem yet? I have the same issue with my a6200 randomly droping connection. Shows up the same in event viewer as well. Super frustrating, and phone support can't help due to the randomness of this problem. Any advice would be welcome.

Message 7 of 21
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Plattfish,

Welcome to Community!

Please follow the steps below and provide feedback if it resolves.

1. With the A6200 plugged in, uninstall the old NETGEAR software and drivers. To do this, open Control Panel.
  2. Click on “Uninstall a program”. 
  3. Click on “NETGEAR A6200 Genie” and click Uninstall
  4. Once uninstall has completed, unplug your A6200 adapter and restart your PC.
  5. If you are using USB 3.0, you will need to upgrade the USB host controller. 
  • To determine if you are using USB 3.0, see Microsoft’s support article USB 3.0 Devices.
  • For information on how to update the USB host controller driver, visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website.

For more information on updating drivers in Windows 10, see Microsoft’s support article: How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

1. Ensure that you have installed all of the necessary updates for Windows 10 before proceeding. For more information on installing Windows updates, see Microsoft’s support article Service Pack and Update Center.
  2. Download and extract the A6200 softwareto a convenient place such as your desktop.
  3. Choice one of listed execution file and run. 
  • standalone-V1.0.011-win8.1_win10_signed.exe (with NETGEAR Genie )
  • setup-V1.0.0.26-win8.1_win10_signed.exe (Driver Only)
  1. Follow the on-screen installation instructions (insert the adapter when prompted)
  2. When the installation has completed, restart your PC.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 8 of 21
Plattfish
Guide

Hi James,

I followed these instructions, and my a6200 seems to be working fine for the moment. Due to the unpredicatable nature of this connection loss though, I'll have to report back after I see how it works for a few days.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 21
Plattfish
Guide

I'm getting the exact same issues with this driver unfortunately. Random disconnects with no error message or anything. Unplugging and pluggin back in solves it temporarily. Any other ideas?

Message 10 of 21
Dustrega
Star

Kind of a double whammy here.

@Plattfish: Unfortunately, I experience the same after following the instructions given. My chipset is completely up to date and my USB 3.0 ports have tested for the correct speed.

@JamesGL: Thank you for the suggestion, however the problem remains.

Message 11 of 21
JamesGL
Master

@Dustrega,

Try to disable Antivirus and firewall while installing the adapter.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 12 of 21
Plattfish
Guide

...I appreciate you trying to help, but this is very clearly a driver issue at this point. There are too many people dealing with this issue for it to be a simple "disable you firewall" type of fix. That's like telling us to turn it on and off again.

I tried it anyways, and it had zero effect. My a6200 still randomly (and freqently) drops connection forcing a hard reset. If you need any info in order to fix your drivers, I'm happy to provide it.

Message 13 of 21
Dustrega
Star

@JamesGL

I too, appreciate the advice, however I have also met with the limited success that others have had when utilizing this particular adapter. Turning off firewall and anti-virus were some of my first troubleshooting steps when installing the various drivers that have been dealt. The events mentioned in the Event Viewer on my desktop setup have been recurring as frequently as they had at the beginning of troubleshooting this matter. We're spinning our wheels, so to speak. This is no fault of your own, however, I would expect that perhaps Netgear and their software engineers would have far more answers if they were only more forthcoming.

Message 14 of 21
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Dustrega,

Please provide the information need same with the thread on the link below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/A6200-timing-out-Windows-10/td-p/968292/highlight/fal...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 15 of 21
Dustrega
Star

@JamesGL did so already here and here

Message 16 of 21
JamesGL
Master

@Dustrega,

Thank you for the info.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 17 of 21
Dustrega
Star

Months. Take that word in. It has been MONTHS, since Netgear has had any tangible information or updates for this particular problem. It has been MONTHS, since I have seen any viable solution or suggestion to fix this problem. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I would suggest looking here and here. You have taken my information, Netgear, and done what with it? Nothing, absolutely nothing. No word, no PMs, no credibility. I'll grant the guise of effort, but that is about all I will grant.  I have been compliant with all requests for information and patience. I have been completely understanding that things like this take time, but MONTHS? There are issues with your hardware that have been around since Windows 8, and now with the release of Windows 10 the problem has resurfaced. Living proof that the problems you DON'T SOLVE will come around to bite you. Are you going to learn this time? Probably not, but as long as you got my money, and that of others, at one point or another you probably couldn't care less.

Message 18 of 21
Plattfish
Guide

Surprise surprise, 3 months later and still nothing. Pretty rediculous.

Message 19 of 21
Aroth
Aspirant

Same problem here with a WNA3100 and Windows 10. According to a Google search, this is not limited to Netgear devices though. I've seen posts about Intel adaptors and dell ones as well. It MIGHT be a broadcom issue (since i would venter they all use broadcom radios) but my money is on something **bleep**y Windows 10.

Message 20 of 21
Plattfish
Guide

I'm getting the distinct feeling that Netgear doesn't really care about the issue. It was definitely awesome to get that Private Message saying support would give me a call, only to never hear word one from them. Pretty much par for the course when it comes to this company, I'm learning. Whelp, I've learned my lesson with Netgear, and will be telling anyone who will listen about my experiences. It's a shame you inherited this issue @JamesGL, as you've been the only Netgear employee willing to show your face here, but I really have to say I'm pretty unimpressed by Netgear support. Good luck with your future customers, you're clearly gonna need it.

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7