× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk

ally6868
Aspirant

NightHawk

netgear.pngnetgear2.pngnetgear3.pngnighthawk ac1900 will not connect. The usb ports are working.  It does show up on the network connection .  It says it's disable.  I enable it but nothing happens.  Please help

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Re: NightHawk

Does everything else work on the router? THe LAN? Can anything else see the wifi? A mobile phone?

It looks like the problem could be with Windows and the USB Adapter. Have you installed the software and drivers for it?

There is support for the A7000, including a manual and software, somewhere at the end of this link:

>> Click here >> A7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

Message 2 of 6
ally6868
Aspirant

The adapter does get picked up by the computer.  I do think it's a window issue because this it my 3rd adapter and having the same issue.  Any suggetions on how to fix it

Message 3 of 6

Windows version?

Did you install the software I linked to earlier?

Some people find that they do not need any extra software and drivers to get a USB adapter to work. The bundled drivers in Windows 10 do the job.

Have you done any troubleshooting in Windows? Does everything look OK (no warning icons) in Device Manager? (Get at that from the "Winkey" menu.)

Message 4 of 6
ally6868
Aspirant

Did you install the software I linked to earlier? yes

Have you done any troubleshooting in Windows?  yes

Does everything look OK (no warning icons) in Device Manager? yes

Message 5 of 6

Sounds like a Windows issue.

Unplug the adapter.

In Device Manager, look in Network Adapters.

Tell it to Show hidden devices.

Look for anything that might be related to the adapter.

Uninstall it.

Try the same  move in Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

It might help to reboot.

Plug in the adapter. See if leaving Windows to install its native drivers works.

I assume that your Windows drivers are up to date. Windows Update will not do that for you. This is a chipset thing. You need to work out who made the PC, or its motherboard, and seek out the latest drivers there.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7