× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB adaptor no longer being recognized by computers

ThomasKroot
Aspirant

USB adaptor no longer being recognized by computers

As of last night, 3.22.16, the WNDA3100v3 wireless adaptor no longer works when normally connected to laptop USB ports. It's light doesn't glow, and the computer does not recognize the USB anymore. 

After reinstalling Netgear, I can get it to work with the extended USB cable, but it is liable to droppoing the connecting if moved wrong. 

Other USB devlices like I-Pod chargers and data USB's still work. 

Any ideas as to the cause? Do I just need a new USB?

Message 1 of 7
DanT2590
Tutor

Re: USB adaptor no longer being recognized by computers

Having the same problem. I tried removing and reinstalling the software, and it won't run either on the machine! So I'm back to the slower connection on my laptop. Very disappointed that I had to start using a slower connection.

What can I do to get the setup program to RUN?? I click on it, but it never comes up on the screen.

Someone HELP please!

Message 2 of 7
javalass
Aspirant

As of yesterday, 24/03/2016, my WiFi Adapter is no longer recognised by Windows.

Is Netgear going to issue a new driver or do we all have to bin our A6210s and buy a different brand?

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please check if you are using the latest driver for your adapter. You may check support.netgear.com for the drivers. Also when installing, try to disable the antivirus and enable it after the installation.

Message 4 of 7
ThomasKroot
Aspirant

Did both to no effect

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi ThomasKroot,

Can you still see the device on device manager? And please try to use a different computer to check if it will be detected.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi ThomasKroot,

Please provide us update with your issue.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7