× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WIFI Adapter for Gaming

jfardella41394
Follower

WIFI Adapter for Gaming

Last year I purchased a Nighthawk AC3200 so I could have better performance when gaming.  I recently upgraded my gaming PC to a brand new CyberPower, however, it did not come with built in WIFI.  It did come with a TP-Link AC600 WIFI USB Adapter.  At first, the internet was very slow since I was connected to the 5GHz band.  When I switched it to the 2.4 GHz band, it was better.  I also updated the drivers on it to make sure it was compatible with Windows 10.  Even so, when gaming I get tremendous lag spikes that makes the games unplayable at times.  The signal strength is always excellent so that isn't the issue.  Would replacing that adapter with the Netgear AC1200 WIFI USB Adapter help at all? Has anyone experienced this issue? This never used to happen when I had an integrated WIFI adapter.  Thanks! 

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi jfardella41394,

You have to check with the TP-Link if they have issues with 5Ghz connection. You can try replacing it and compared the connection speed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi jfardella41394,

You have to check with the TP-Link if they have issues with 5Ghz connection. You can try replacing it and compared the connection speed.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi jfardella41394,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7