× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNA1000M working with windows 10 !!!!

gcharlesb
Guide

WNA1000M working with windows 10 !!!!

right click on netgear genie program and go to properties, select compatibility.

try windows 7 or windows 8 compatibility, see which one works for you

good luck !!!

Message 1 of 7
gcharlesb
Guide

Re: WNA1000M working with windows 10 !!!!

also unplug your ethernet cable if you have one plugged in.

Message 2 of 7
diamond204
Aspirant

I don't believe the switching compability did anything for me.  I tried a bunch of things. But I eventually got it working. This was the tip that worked for me:

I was getting the error 37, kept installing and unstalling the Genie driver, to no avail

TRY THIS:

In the bottom left search up device manager, then look at the Network adapter area. Right click on your Netgear wifi (it should be marked with an error icon)  and go to Properties. Click the driver tab and hit uninstall while leaving the wifi adapter plugged in. That'll get rid of it, then go to the Action Menu at the top of the device manager and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. After scanning the Netgear adapter fully installed and the error flag was removed.

In my case , after the adapter was working, clicking on the "Connect" icon in the bottom right brought up nothing. I had to go into SETTINGS and then NETWORK and INTERNET to connect to my wifi network, not a big deal.

If the above does not work for you, try  uninstalling the Genie drivers and then reinstall with compability mode for Win 7 or 8 ON a s originially suggested in this thread. I used the 1.1.0.20 Genie package.  Hope this helps others.

Message 3 of 7
DavDon
Aspirant

I eventually got this working by using the driver only install with Windows 7 compatibility. Using version 1.1.0.20

Message 4 of 7
edcoughlin
Aspirant

Tried these methods but still the adapter is not recognized. Returning it to office supply store which is still selling this inworkable model for Win 10?

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

The driver of the adapter only supports upto Windows 8.1. I'm glad some were able to make it work with Windows 10 but if it does not work then that is expected.

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNA1000M

Message 6 of 7
edcoughlin
Aspirant

Win 8.1 driver does not work for me on Win 10.

There is one listed for the non mini version - WNA1000, that also does not work.

So I had to spend $40 on a new wifi adapter. Mentioning this for others who keep trying to get the 8.1 to work and cannot...you are not alone, it does not work. There is no supported driver from Netgear.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7