× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNCE 2001 vs WNCE 3001

technotsavvy
Follower

WNCE 2001 vs WNCE 3001

Hi--I've used a NETGEAR WNCE2001 for years adapting my workhorse HP CM1312 mfp color laser printer to enable it to print wirelessly.  It now seems to have puckered out...green light on for a minute then power light turns red.  Went to Best Buy to pick up a replacement and they no longer carry. As the sales rep said, "You can buy a wireless printer for $50 so why would you do this?"  Well, I can't buy a reliable workhorse like the HP CM1312 color laser printer for $50 or even for $65 the cost of replacement.  So, here's my question: I'm trying to figure out whether I should purchase the WNCE2001 as I have now, or should I purchase the WNCE3001.  I'm wondering if I'd get faster speed with the 3001.  Kind of urgent to prompt replies greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNCE 2001 vs WNCE 3001

Hi @technotsavvy,

The advantage of purchasing WNCE3001 is that it is dual band which can connect to higher frequency (5Ghz) with less interference although just for shorter range compared to 2.4Ghz and the WNCE2001 as well is already End of Life which means service is no longer available and no more updates.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7