× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: Windows 10 (A6100 A6200 A6210) Installation Heads Up

UMDTERPS
Apprentice

Re: Windows 10 (A6100 A6200 A6210) Installation Heads Up

Netgear has given me acces to a new Beta Driver.  I will test and get back to everyone.  I spent $70 on this adapter, I was about to run to Microcenter this weekend, but I just can't bring mysellf to throw away $70

Message 126 of 278

I too have installed the Beta Driver (Ver.1.0.0.33) both clean installs with all the associated PC reboots of the Genie version and the standalone version.  Neither of these have fixed the connection cycling.  I've sent screen shots of the USB 3.0 version, the Netgear driver version, and a debug log recording the cycling connect/disconnect. Hopefully all this information is leading them somewhere positive.  It's sad and weird that we (the consumers) have to be Netgears beta testers on a product that has been out for quite a while.

Has anyone tried to update their BIOS (mainly talking to AMD users)?  I've got a thumb drive on it's way home, apparently that's the only way to update BIOS other than burning a CD, I'll try to update mine and see if that fixes any of the issues. 

Message 127 of 278
DarkNeuron
Tutor

Just wanted to confirm that I still get intermittent packetloss with the 5.1.22.0 Netgear drivers (the official ones):

https://mega.nz/#!m5YGzBjL!uHISqeRtGsDMvSN-vEdmVo1Pwcg3BAj8WwDaZ2HPDsM

Message 128 of 278
Pakitos90
Aspirant

I have netgear A6100 But there aren't new drivers for windows 10...it's a great problem because a Great society as Netgear is Not ready to a new operating system. I Hope in the next days we'll have new drivers.

Message 129 of 278
Maz97
Aspirant

i see that netgear have updated their drivers for the A6210. i am considering buying this adapter. does anyone know if the new drivers ( v 1.0.0.32) has fixed the issues with this adapter and win10?

Thanks.

Message 130 of 278

@Maz97 it depends on your processor type, I know Intel owners were having problems, but there was a Alton on either the first or second page for them. AMD users were not fixed by the 1.0.0.32 update.
It would do you justice to read the entire thread, I can't believe we are already to page 13.
My personal short answer would be find another company, I'd your wanting the speed(and this one had it) make sure to look for an adapter with the same speed ratings. KUDOS for doing homework before buying though.
Message 131 of 278
ChristineT
Admin

Good afternoon NETGEAR Community,

We have finalized and posted the following Knowledge Base article that should help most (if not all) customers experiencing issues during or after the installation of Windows 10.

Please visit: NETGEAR A6210 wireless adapter not working in Windows 10.

Your feedback is very important to us! Please let us know if these set of steps resolves (or does not resolve) the issues described in this thread. We can then continue to investigate and work with each customer individually to ensure we have a comprehensive solution for each case. Please feel free to private message me if you need further assistance! Our support and engineering teams are happy to assist you.

We greatly appreciate your contribution to the Community!

Christine

NETGEAR Community

Message 132 of 278
jaytalent
Aspirant

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the A6200 doesn't work. If this was the solution so many people wouldn't be complaining.

This type of solution (similar to just reboot your computer) from support is a reason I'm going to avoid Netgear for my next purchase.

@ChristineT wrote:

Good afternoon NETGEAR Community,

We have finalized and posted the following Knowledge Base article that should help most (if not all) customers experiencing issues during or after the installation of Windows 10.

Please visit: NETGEAR A6210 wireless adapter not working in Windows 10.

Your feedback is very important to us! Please let us know if these set of steps resolves (or does not resolve) the issues described in this thread. We can then continue to investigate and work with each customer individually to ensure we have a comprehensive solution for each case. Please feel free to private message me if you need further assistance! Our support and engineering teams are happy to assist you.

We greatly appreciate your contribution to the Community!

Christine

NETGEAR Community

Message 133 of 278
SmileMoar
Initiate

On what planet have you guys fixed the issue(s)?

That entire page is worthless and does nothing to fix the issues.

Next you'll be telling me to try "turning it off and on again" ...

Frankly I am looking for my receipt because I want my money back after this and I will never buy another one of your products again.

In fact I shall go out of my way to warn and disuade everyone and anyone I can from buying your products as well.

Message 134 of 278
jeffreyh51
Guide

Hi, guys.

For what it's worth, I just purchased an Edimax EW-7822UAC adapter to replace my A6200, as I cannot wait for drivers to get the A6200 working any longer, to say nothing about the flawed information regarding potential fixes.

The Edimax is plug 'n play in Windows 10 (uses Win 10's built-in drivers), and works perfectly.

I've been a huge Netgear fan for many years, but in light of the problems that I've had recently (including the R7000 router), combined with Netgear's inability to update/fix them, I'm beginning to have serious reservations going forward.

Message 135 of 278
bachastain
Tutor

I have an Edimax EW-7822UAC and while it claims to be USB 3.0, mine fails to connect at USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed" speed.  It will only connect at USB 2.0 "High" speed.

You can use usbview.exe to view your USB connect speed:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560019%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError...

USBDeview.exe also will show the connection at USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Bruce.

Message 136 of 278
bachastain
Tutor

The latest Netgear driver for my A6210 "A6210-1.0.0.32" is still failing in the same way.  It runs good for 1-2 days and then gets stuck with extremely high packet loss.  Pings fail 25% to 100% of the time, and often take many seconds and/or timeout.  Ping destination does not matter.  All pings fail regardless of the destination, including the router itself or other local Wifi devices.  Fails on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 in the same way.

When this occurs, disabling/reenabling the driver in Device Manager does NOT fix it.  Disconnecting/reconnecting from the router does NOT fix it.  Rebooting the router does NOT fix it.  Unplugging/replugging the A6210 does NOT fix it.  Restarting the USB driver does NOT fix it.  Something else, perhaps in Windows, is hosed.  So far the ONLY thing I've found that will restore proper operation is rebooting Windows completely.  Then it works for another 1-2 days before it gets stuck again.

So for me the A6210 is still useless.

Message 137 of 278
jeffreyh51
Guide

Sorry, I should have noted that I connect mine at USB 2.0 speeds, so I can't speak to USB 3.0 connectivity.

That said, I am at AC speeds (limited by USB 2.0) with no disconnects.

Message 138 of 278
TheBinaryX
Initiate

Does anyone know a way to get around best buys 14 day return policy. 

I thought i was so savvy getting them to price match for the adapter haha, jokes on me, Netgears support really gets the last laugh i guess.

Will be changing companys and disuading anyone who asks from using netgear products from now on.
It has been weeks and the solution given is literally "Reinstall it or something"

Is there any way to get my money back even though im out of the 14 day return period or am I just lighting this adapter on fire and sending it to hell with its drivers?

Message 139 of 278
DarkNeuron
Tutor

Netgear, are you working on this?

Or should I just throw in the towel and replace the adapter?

Message 140 of 278
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DarkNeuron,

Have you followed the instructions as linked to in post 132?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29802

This process has been tested by Netgear using a variety of computers and found to work in all cases, otherwise it would not have been made publicly available. However as I posted early in this thread, it is very difficult to account for all hardware and software configurations and Netgear recognise that some people may still have issues. The only way that Netgear can work to resolve remaining issues is if people provide some detailed feedback, post 133 for example provides nothing and seems to assume that the instructions are a simple ‘uninstall and reinstall’ process, there is no detail to work with in that post.

Netgear are keen to resolve this issue for all people, and are very willing to work with individuals to nail down specific issues, this can only be achieved if people are willing to provide detailed feedback. Christine has offered to help individuals via PM in post 132, and I will also try to offer that level of help if people want to contact me.

Message 141 of 278
herbieR
Aspirant

The instructions in post 132 does not work. The "Netgear A6210 WIFI USB 3.0 Adapter" is listed in the Device Manager, but no available networks are shown and the adapter ist not listed in the Control Panel/Network Connections.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UP4TH with newest Bios and drivers, Windows 10 Pro (Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro).

herbieR

Message 142 of 278
tthomas1947
Aspirant

Worth checking adapter installed correctly. In device manager double click A6210 and check driver is latest .22 version and check the events tab log that latest install added drivers ok. My log shows 3 drivers ok but one not migrated. However it is working and shows in network settings.
Message 143 of 278

UPDATE: I've had a continual connection to my 5Ghz using the latest update and changing some settings (to force USB 3.0 use rather than swapping to USB 2 connection) per email discussions with Netgear for a little more than a week.      Now for the caveat: I can watch my connection speed (using Netgear genie) bounce around from 585Mbps to 702Mbps to 867Mbps. While this doesn't disconnect me and reconnect me as it used to do, it does SOMETHING detrimental to my connection because while downloading on Steam I have to continually restart the download, and while drafting a fantasy league it constantly kicked me out of the lobby.

NETGEAR

How has this seriously happened?? How has this gotten so far out of control, an entire MONTH later.

The fix I was given through email makes me uneasy because it seems like I blocked something that was there for a good reason and now I'm just waiting for my MOBO to sh*t itself (or at the very least my USB 3.0 ports)  and there be no way to prove it was Netgear's responsibility.

Message 144 of 278
richwells98
Tutor

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with? A6200
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade? upgrade
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows? windows 7 pro
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook? asus z87 plus motherboard
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install? driver is installed
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled? no
  7. What error messages do you see? none
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see? After a while my transfer rates to my NAS via GB router drop from 25 to 15M. unplugging and replugging the adapter increase it back to 25M. The other issue is i will lose network connectivity completely with no warning or error. This happens while the pc is in use though not necessarily heavy network use. It does not for instance happen while transferring files to the NAS. I believe it takes time for this to happen. my pc remains booted for days at a time. Did before the upgrade too, without issue. Tried installing 1.0.0.26-1 standalone. didnt help.
Message 145 of 278
iLeopard
Aspirant

anyone has a working solution for A6200? thanks.

Message 146 of 278
DarkNeuron
Tutor

Well Babylon5, I've tried a detailed reinstall of the driver, besides trying the raw mediatek driver.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29802 doesn't really seem like it applies to me. My problem has never been with the wifi-selection-list, but with intermittent packetloss. Most of the times it runs fine, but all of a sudden I either, a) get slight packetloss, like 1 packet loss every 5 seconds (almost like clockwork), or b) no internet connectivity at all (happens more rarely, and a reboot fixes it).

I'm pinging my router, to be sure where the problem lies.

Now this could also mean that the router (Netgear WNDR3700v4) was at fault, but other non-win10 devices work fine, and doesn't appear to experience packetloss at all.

I can give you my specs. My computer isn't exactly new anymore, but its plenty fast, so I feel no need to upgrade.

Mobo: ASRock P67 Extreme 6 (This means Etron USB3 drivers - using the newest version (0.118 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiqmhis8hgoo1r0/SETUP_0.118.zip)

CPU: i5-2500K

GFX: Asus GTX 770.

RAM: I forgot, but high quality.

I can't give much more info than that.

Message 147 of 278
douga54
Star

I gave up on Netgear providing a simple solution to the driver problem with Windows 10 and the A6200 wireless adapter.  I ended up rolling back to Windows 7 and it still works fine.  But it was a giant hassle and I'm not going thru that again.

Message 148 of 278
UMDTERPS
Apprentice

It's not good that we are over month in and we don't have a fully functioning patch, espeically since Windows 10 has been out for over a year for testing.  It appears now people with Intel boards are having issues.  I havent seen any issues with my new custom built intel pc, but I dont have the time **bleep** around and test/re-test, because I'm working and use my laptop mostly.  It's possibly I have issues, but I don't use the PC as much. It would be nice if we get more feed back from Netgear instead of maybe an update every 2 weeks. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Message 149 of 278
douga54
Star

When I downloaded the free Windows 10 upgrade and executed the install on my Dell Inspiron the upgrade looked like it installed, but apparently the A6200 drivers weren't compatible and the upgrade didn't fully install.  Of course my wireless adapter was now disabled so I couldn't get back online.  I couldn't even boot up the machine.  After a couple of days trying to fix it I ended up taking it in. to the Geek squad and they were eventually able to get Windows 10 installed and found a beta driver for the A6200 that appeared to work.  Unfortunately, when I took it home the wireless network would accept my encryiption key.  I could see the network, but I couldn't use it.  Took it back to the Geek Squad and they couldn't locate a driver that would word.  Since my system originally came with Vista, I only had the upgrade disc for Windows 7.  So they rolled it back to Vista, ran the upgrade for Windows 7 and I was back in business.  I am very reluctant to go thru that again, so I am looking for a wireless adapter from another company that will work with Windows 10.  Sheesh!!

Message 150 of 278
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7