× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1200 EX6130 Can't connect the extender to 5GHz

Baslash
Aspirant

AC 1200 EX6130 Can't connect the extender to 5GHz

Hello,

Yesterday I've got a power failure and then, when I want to connect my laptop to the 5GHz band, whether I can't find it or it says "no connection".

So I try to reset the extender but now I can't connect it to the 5GHz, even if the password is right.

Hope you'll find where I go wrong Man Sad

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: AC 1200 EX6130 Can't connect the extender to 5GHz

What firmware is on the extender?

What router is it connecting to?

What are the led's on the extender doing? (color/blinking/solid/etc) Describe each one.

Are you having issues connecting to the routers 5ghz and the extenders?

Is it all devices having issues or just one?

have you tried hardwiring into the extender and trying to redo the setup?

Power failures are great at harming electronics. You  might need to reset the router and reset the the extender. 

here's your support site with manuals, firmware, troubleshooting.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6130.aspx

Message 2 of 6
Baslash
Aspirant

Firmware : V1.0.0.30_1.0.17

It's trying to connect to a Livebox which have 2.4 and 5 GHz band

All the LEDs are green and solid when I'm on the 2.4, but the issue occures when I setup the extender "for the first time". The extender always says that it cannot connect to the 5GHz band,  but I can do it with my devices on the 5GHz band from the Livebox. I redo the setup just after the power failure but it always failed since. I reset my router and my extender but the issue is still here...

The exact alert is "The extender cannot connect to the existing network" saying that the password is wrong (even if I copy it from the router directly). And when I choose to ignore it, the 5GHz band is active without Internet.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I've ran into multiple issues with livebox routers. Not saying thats the cause. Just an fyi

do you know of someone else who you can test the extenders use on?  I'd try setting it up on a different network to see if it works. If it does, its the way its interacting with the live box. I know you said you've reset them both but sometimes stuff is retained and both need to be reset again to get them talking. or try changing the lifebox's ssid and password (both) 

Message 4 of 6
Baslash
Aspirant

Something weird happens now : I still can't connect to the 5GHz band during the setup but I can connect to the 5GHz band of the extender sometimes, for 30min or more. And then it disappear from the list of network.

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hell Baslash, 

Were you able to setup the extender on a different network as @plemans mentioned? 

Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7