× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 Wifi Range Extender

heaucp1
Aspirant

AC1200 Wifi Range Extender

The model pic list does not show my model which is EX6110-100UKS.

This is operating but does not extend the range of my router.  It has setup another connected network which is only accessed when directly connecting to that network with the -2GEXT suffix.  How can I configure this to actuallt EXTEND my present network ?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: AC1200 Wifi Range Extender

Hi @heaucp1,

Goto wireless settings in left page and change the name that you prefer.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @heaucp1,

Do you see Router LED turned ON? If so, setup went through fine. You'll be able to access extender's settings using mywifiext.net from any device which is connected to extender's network or from other devices on network using its IP address which can be located from connected devices of your router.

Message 2 of 6
heaucp1
Aspirant

Thanks but are you saying that I can configure the extender to use the same network address as my router network name (SSID)

Message 3 of 6
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @heaucp1,

By default it'll be your router's network_EXT. But if you want, you can have it modified as same.

Message 4 of 6
heaucp1
Aspirant

Can you tell me how to do this please.  There is no place I have seen in mywifiext.net software to enable this to be done.
Message 5 of 6
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @heaucp1,

Goto wireless settings in left page and change the name that you prefer.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7