× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 EX7000 would like to connect Mac through ethernet, without antenna's activated

Kit_Durango
Follower

AC1900 EX7000 would like to connect Mac through ethernet, without antenna's activated

Hi all,

I have the AC1900 nighthawk ex700 extender on my home office desk, on the 2nd floor.

It is connected to my home router from Ziggo via WiFi, but I switched the WiFi broadcast antenna's off (see picture). Why?

I would like to connect my Mac (m1, big sur OS) and NAS to the extender through ethernet cables and I want the wifi broadcast antenna's off since I'm sensitive to the powerful signal.

Upon doing so in WiFi extender mode, I can briefly connect to the internet, by using a manually assigned ip address (192.168,xxx.xx) on my home router) but the connection is very unstable. In my netwrok prefs, I see the status constantly changing from connected to unconnected etc. When I use DHCP, the ethernet connection flips to a different address, a local one (169.254.x.xxx) and doesn't connect to my home router and internet.

Everything works fine btw, in normal WiFi extender mode, with broadcast antenna's on and WiFi turned on on my Mac.

My questions:

Is what I want even possible?

If so, what config do I need to use to get a stable connection?

You assistance is greatly appreciated!

Anthony

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7