× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 and a another Netg Wireless router and then a xfinity router. I need to add wired devices

mctabish
Aspirant

AC1900 and a another Netg Wireless router and then a xfinity router. I need to add wired devices

I need to add security cameras past my nighthawks extenders (2). I have the range extendes going to the far side of my house, but I now need to add an ethernet NVR to the farside. Can I connect ethernet to a nighthawk that is setup as a wireless Extender? I am not seeing any wired devices?

Can I connect the other netgear router (possibly N600???) to the nighthawk and then add ethernet?

Layout is basically Xfinity-wireless>nighthawk1-wireless>nighthawk2-ethernet>NVR (or -wireless>Router-ethernet>NVR)

Can I add the other router as a wireless bridge? or something?

I cannot see the nvr if I connect it directly to the nighthawk#2.

both nighthawks are configured for wireless extenders.

The NVR used to be setup on the netgear router, and it WAS my access point before the house was rewired.

Thanks!
Bruce

Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: AC1900 and a another Netg Wireless router and then a xfinity router. I need to add wired devices

Ideally the comcast router connects to the other routers via catxx cable and they are set up in AP Mode

Message 2 of 8
mctabish
Aspirant

Re: AC1900 and a another Netg Wireless router and then a xfinity router. I need to add wired devices

I do not have access to a cable directly (contractors cut wires, and need to get huose rewired, until thin, I need a "wireless" connection.

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi mctabish,

What is the exact model number of your NETGEAR devices? Are those devices extenders or routers? 

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
mctabish
Aspirant

There is the Xfinity router (unknown model but just installed . Then I have 2 nighthawk range extendeds(AC1900) Then I have a N600 Router. 

Can I add a wired device at the end of the chain past the nighthawks? There is NOT any ethernet access (from the Xfinity modem/router) to where the NVR is that I am trying to connect.

Message 5 of 8
mctabish
Aspirant

I swore I sent this already!

I have an Xfinty modem/router (brand new X1-) then I have a night Hawk AC1900 setup as an wireless extender, the another night Hawk AC1900 setup as an wireless extender, and then I have a N600 router. There is NO ethernet connection between the modem/router (xfinity) and the N300. Where the N300 is (also one of the AC1900) is where I have my NVD (video recorder) that I need to reconnect.

My OLD comcast modem/router is at the location where the video recorder is, but I cannot move the NVR for a few months due to construction. I can ONLY connect SOMEHOW wireless.

Thanks!
Bruce

Message 6 of 8
mctabish
Aspirant

I just got a chance and it looks like the info I gave you are kinda generic models. Here is what I have found on the devices:

WNDR3700V3  router  N600 

EX7000 / AC1900

Thanks for ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

Message 7 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mctabish

You should be able to use the Ethernet ports on the extender just fine but the issue you may be running into is connecting a extender to a extender you are losing alot of signal doing that.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7