× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX 4200--if the power to the router is shut down--do I need to reconnect the satellites?

sommers
Tutor

AX 4200--if the power to the router is shut down--do I need to reconnect the satellites?

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: AX 4200--if the power to the router is shut down--do I need to reconnect the satellites?

You didn't give us much to go off the the satellites should auto-reconnect after the system reboots after a power failure. Mine does. 

Message 2 of 8
sommers
Tutor

Re: AX 4200--if the power to the router is shut down--do I need to reconnect the satellites?

sorry for lack of detail.  My two satellites repeated are losing connection.  I had put my RB750 Router on a timer to have it turn off/on every night at 3AM for about 10 minutes.   I had read that rebooting it every day was a good practice to clear it.  

But today woke up to see both satellites aren't connected--So my over night power on/off shouldn't be the cause per your reply

Guess I'll just re do my installation from scratch and see if I can straighten this out--Maybe my satellites are too far from the router --However, am trying to avoid the need to run cables to connect them back to the router

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

1. you shouldn't need to reboot it daily. 

2. what actual system do you have? AX4200 is a speed

3. what firmware is on the router and the satellites? 

4. What gateway is it connected to? 

5. Why are you needing to reboot it daily? What issue (in detail) is happening to make you think rebooting it will help?

Message 4 of 8
sommers
Tutor

RBK 753

RBR 750 firmware is V46.14.3_2.3.12--ROUTER

BOTH SATELLITES ARE OFF LINE--GUESS I HAVE TO RECONNECT THEM TO KNOW THE FIRMWARE VERSION

CONNECTED TO A SPECTRUM INTERNET MODEM

I JUST READ THAT POWERING ON / OFF CLEARS THE ROUTER AND IS RECOMMENDED--BUT I'LL REMOVE THE TIMER 

THANKS

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

1. What spectrum modem is it? 

2. If you're not having issues, I'd just leave it on 24/7

Message 6 of 8
sommers
Tutor

Was able to reconnect each of the two satellites--but when I am near either--and check which devices (my iphone) are being picked up--neither shows anything--no devices

sometimes the iphone shows up--but it's hit and miss

this isn't proper--is it?

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

It can take a bit for devices to start roaming appropriately. You can always try turning the wifi on/off on the device roaming and it should connect to the nearest. but give it a while for devices to roam appropriately

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7