× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best Netgear range extender to use with Netgear R6250 Router

gfleming
Follower

Best Netgear range extender to use with Netgear R6250 Router

I purchased a Netgear AC-1600 R6250 Smart WiFi router.  It works great but I would like to extend the range and coverage in my home. Currently, the router is located in our basement, as it is hard wired via ethernet cable to my main desktop PC. I am not able to have the router upstairs on our main floor/living area.  I need to extend the range for two reasons...1. Better coverage upstairs (2nd floor of our house) and 2. better coverage out to our patio.  When the weather is nice we sit on our patio and stream music via iHeart Radio or Pandora and being outside and with the sliding door closed can cause connectivity issues for us.  I plan to purchase a Netgear range extender and I plan to locate it in an outlet on our main floor near the sliding glass door by our patio.  What model range extender would you suggest?  I am considering the AC750 EX6100 extender because of it's dual band wifi capability.  But is that a bit overkill??? since its only use will be to extend wifi coverage to our patio to stream music?  Any suggestions for models of range extenders are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Best Netgear range extender to use with Netgear R6250 Router

Hello gfleming

It is really up to you and your budget the higher models have a better coverage for larger houses but any of them should work for what you are trying to do.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Best Netgear range extender to use with Netgear R6250 Router

Hello gfleming

It is really up to you and your budget the higher models have a better coverage for larger houses but any of them should work for what you are trying to do.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series