× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't establish a connection between my WIN10 PC and the WN1000RP extender

Fred639
Follower

Can't establish a connection between my WIN10 PC and the WN1000RP extender

I had to change my Home Network SSID a few months ago and When I try to restablish a link to the WN1000P I get through the first couple of steps of the online procedure and get stalled.

• Push and hold the Factory Settings button (located on the side panel) for 7 seconds.
    Your range extender resets.
  • Open your computer or mobile device’s WiFi menu and connect to the extender’s default WiFi network, NETGEAR_EXT.
  • Launch a web browser on your connected device.
  • Type XXXXX into your web browser’s address bar.
  • Press Enter or click Search.
    The login page displays.
    For troubleshooting, see I can’t access XXXXX  what do I do?.
  • Enter your username and password.
    Note: The default username is admin and the default password is password. The username and password are case sensitive.

I used my Samsung Galaxy & phone for the latest trial since I could not figure out how to actually connect my PC to the extender. So I saw the Netgear extender network and selected it but it never said it was connected but hinted that it might be. Next I launched the Firefox browser, entered the mywifi command and got a screen that says that the extender is not connected. After tryin a similar approach from the PC for a new connection, that is the closest I can get to getting to the login for the Extender.  What am I doing wrong?

I just got an error message on this posting that I can't use the link that is shown in the Netgear instructions above.  What's up?

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7