× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect wifi extender to existing wifi network during initial setup

sharonmmeyer
Follower

Cannot connect wifi extender to existing wifi network during initial setup

I'm trying to setup my Netgear Wifi range extender for the first time and I am unable to connect it to my wifi router.  I've tried both methods and neither are working.

- Connecting with WPS:  I click WPS button on extender and within 2 minutes on router and the router link LED does not light.

- Connecting with Web Browser setup:  After plugging in the extender, I try to connect to it on my computer (it appears in my list simply as Extender, not EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT) and I'm prompted for a security key.  What security key do I enter?  I try my router (wifi network) password and says its invalid.  I'm stuck on this step.  I never setup a password for my extender.

Please help!

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot connect wifi extender to existing wifi network during initial setup

I would start with factory resetting. push and hold reset while its powered on for 7-15 seconds. That should get you back to the factory settings. 

I'd then follow the installation wizard for setup. wps isn't always coded the same and when wps doesn't work properly, its best to follow the installation wizard. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7