× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure netgear N300 as a wireless access point

clearlyn
Follower

Configure netgear N300 as a wireless access point

Hi, forgive me if a solution for my problem has already been posted. Also apologies if I am not in the correct forum section.

I have an existing asdl wireless router in my home and as the distances (and internal stone walls ) restrict my wifi I would like to create a 2nd access point at the other end of the house using my new netgear N300 ASDL2+ DGN2200v3 wireless router.

I have run the network cable between the LAN ports of both routers. However I then consulted the manual to understand how to configure my new N300 as a wireless internet distribution point but became confused. The manual refers to repeater with wireless client asociation, point to point bridge , multi point bridge modes. I am not sure which mode to configure. All that I want is for the N300 router to be able to relay wifi signals for the laptops in the remote end of my house.

I would really appreciate if any body could assist or point me in the right direction? 😮
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Configure netgear N300 as a wireless access point

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7