× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting to Firestick

aero63
Aspirant

Connecting to Firestick

I bought the range extender to improve signal to my Firestick. The Firestick is currently connected to my router.  I have connected the Extender to the router and plugged in adjacent to the Firestick.  When I go in settings for the Firestick it shows that it is connected to the router (marginal signal).  The same WiFi number appears in the list of available networks followed by '-Ext' which shows as very good signal.  I have clicked on that and entered my router's password but it won't connect to the Firestick.  Any suggestions ?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: Connecting to Firestick

Hi @aero63,

Did you tried connecting any other devices to check if you come across the same issue? Hope you are typing the correct password since password is case sensitive. If that is the case, try to set it up again and see if that helps.

Message 2 of 5
aero63
Aspirant

Yes.  Have connected Kindle to it with no issues.  Have tried several times to connect Firestick using the correctly typed password but it won't connect

Message 3 of 5
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @aero63,

Check if it connects fine with router to see if its not an issue with firestick. If it works fine with router, check for firmware upgrade on extender if any and modify wireless channel on the router to see if that helps.

Message 4 of 5
scottlewis
Aspirant

If you have trouble or don't see your desired network, scroll down and select Join Other Network  or Rescan. After connecting to wireless network, press the Home button to display Home Screen.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series