× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device won't connect to Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000

JamalS
Follower

Device won't connect to Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000

I use a few devices on the extender and each have varying results. My old cell phone would connect quickly and have no issues. My iPad would take a long time, but would eventually connect. PS4 can't connect to it in time, but the wired connection works fine (although, it randomly disconnects occasionally). However, I upgraded my phone today (LG G3 to G5, in case that's relevant) and it will not connect to the 5G channel. Firmware is up to date, I've restarted the phone, restarted the extender, factory reset the extender, moved the extender next to the router, and nothing works. The phone connects to the main routers 5G network so it for sure supports 5G, and it will connect to the extender's 2.4G channel so I don't what's happening. I'd prefer the extra speed from the 5G though, so is there anything I can do?
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Device won't connect to Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000

Hello JamalS

I would try logging into the extender and going to the wireless settings and lowering the wireless channel for the 5ghz network.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7