× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Do DGN2200 N300 routers support services like NET SEND?

Owatch
Aspirant

Do DGN2200 N300 routers support services like NET SEND?

It may seem like I didn't phrase the question correctly. But what I mean is do DGN2200 routers support services where I can send messages to all connected computers or certain connected computers on a network.

I've tried using NET SEND on my current computer, but it doesn't have the messenger service, adding one in gave me another error where I am missing another service to get it working as well.
This is a problem because even if I were able to get it working, the target computers would also need it installed and working to receive my message. So that's out of the question for the moment.

I just came here to see if the router natively has its own way of pushing messages to all users when I need it to. (Asking people to not download at this time, or whatnot) that wouldn't require them to have some client software to receive.

Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Do DGN2200 N300 routers support services like NET SEND?

router has nothing to do with command issues
Message 2 of 7
Owatch
Aspirant

That wasn't the question sir. I was not asking if the router was interfering with command prompt issues.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Should not cause it.

No differ than any other command

Arp, ping, etc
Message 4 of 7
Owatch
Aspirant

No no. The question is asking whether the router has a built in function to send messages to all users on the local network. look at the last paragraph sir.

I know it doesn't interfere with cmd or any of that. I was just explaining why I couldn't use it as part of the lead up to the question

The last paragraph sir.
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

no.....................
Message 6 of 7
Owatch
Aspirant

Oh.
😞

Mark solved I guess...
Thanks for the help
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series