× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 - Problems installing

BGinUK
Follower

EX3700 - Problems installing

My son has just purchased an EX3700 wifi range extender:

The extender does not connect to our router using WPS

When I try to connect to either:

XXX_2GEXT or XXX_5GEXT with our routers password – the response is ‘invalid password’ (I can assure you it is the correct password).

Ive tried logging into the website mywifi.n*t  = doesn’t register

Ive tried logging into IP addresses obtained from Netgear videos = doesnt register

Finally, on the packaging, Netgear state 24/7 Technical Support ‘Phone support free 90 days from purchase’…..Netgear don’t even provide a telephone number so I can speak to a human.

Completely exasperated with Netgear and this product…..anybody out there who can help?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 - Problems installing

Something you can try.

1. factory reset the extender. Push and hold the reset for 7-15 seconds while the extender is fully booted up. That'll get you back to factory.

2. then hardwire into the extender via the ethernet port. Disable the wifi on whatever device you connect to it so that device doesn't default back to the wireless connection. Then try to log into the extender to manually set it up. 

3. don't use wps. not all device manufacturer's code wps the same and can create issues. so use the installtion wizard. 

to contact support, you click "mynetgear" at the top. register an account and then the device. From there you can contact support. 

Message 2 of 4
Fbrownstein
Aspirant

I have exact same issue. I found where I can pay $10 for support but I can buy a new extendet for $30.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Fbrownstein or you could start your own thread instead of jumping on others....then we'd be happy to help you. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX3700-Firmware/m-p/2030307#M44922

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7