× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150|AC1200 timeouts

Ruün
Aspirant

EX6150|AC1200 timeouts

Hello, I'm having this issue with my wifi extender that is really annoying. Every hour it has a timeout. Although this wouldn't be a problem if you watch youtube video's or browse the internet but I use it for gaming. Most games will instantly kick you out when the wifi extender has a timeout. Because of this, you lose matches, don't get your points and sometimes even get temporary bans. This makes the wifi extender almost useless to me. So I thought maybe its possible to find a solution but I could only find one thing about it and there was no solution to it. When I contacted support they also had no clue. It isn't my wifi because my family has perfectly fine internet. Support proposed for me to get a new extender (that I now have) but its exactly the same. Is it normal for this wifi extender to have a reset or IP lease every hour? because that's the only conclusion I can come up with. Is it possible to change this?

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6150|AC1200 timeouts

Hi @Ruün,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. Does the issue persist when you have your computer connected to the main network?

3. How are you determining that the extender times out?

4. Does the issue persist on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

5. Have you tried hard wiring the computer to the extender?

6. Does the issue persist on all the games that you play?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Ruün
Aspirant

hello Dexter, 

I'm using firmware version  V1.0.1.70, the issue does not persist when I have my computer directly or via another wifi extender connect to my wifi.

Every hour or so, It times out, all the things using wifi. (discord, youtube, games ext.) are trying to reconnect. I know this isn't the main wifi because when I'm in a call with my brother while in-game he doesn't have the issue, so it can't be the main network, nor that it is my computer because if when using another extender the problem does not occur.  The issue is on both bands and my computer is hard-wired to the extender. The issue is occurring on every application that needs wifi to function.

Message 3 of 4
Dravo
Tutor

I have the exact same problem whenever I join an online server in-game after a few minutes or so it would kick me out. I am also hard wired to the extender as well.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7