× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150v2-Connects to my router but can not see on WiFi choice

Swarson
Tutor

EX6150v2-Connects to my router but can not see on WiFi choice

I bought an extender a year ago and it was working until recently. We have had several hurricanes and power outages. I updated the firmware as suggested and can connect the extender to my router with a strong signal. When I go to connect a device to the extender it is not listed. I only see my primary network. I have done multiple resets with no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6150v2-Connects to my router but can not see on WiFi choice

yes they should roam to the stronger signal but that's depending on the devices (phone, computer, gaming device) own roaming protocols. 

You can leave it or you can log in and change it. 

Easy check is to log into your router and look at the attached devices list. It should list the extender on there. 

Or you can try logging into it with the app

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The EX6150v2 is a "Mesh" extender. meaning if you updated firmware and set it up with its default configuration, it'll have the exact same ssid as your main network and won't show up different. this allows devices to roam between the 2 networks as needed. 

You can always disable that option if you prefer but its half the point of a mesh extender. 

Message 2 of 6
Swarson
Tutor

Thank you for your reply. I used to see the _exe. So does this mean it is working and I should leave it be? My devices will roam to the stronger signal? Thanks again, just trying to understand these devices. My son does gaming and needed a stronger signal in his room. He had been connected to the _exe.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

yes they should roam to the stronger signal but that's depending on the devices (phone, computer, gaming device) own roaming protocols. 

You can leave it or you can log in and change it. 

Easy check is to log into your router and look at the attached devices list. It should list the extender on there. 

Or you can try logging into it with the app

Message 4 of 6
Swarson
Tutor

Yes the router shows it logged in. The nighthawk app shows it with a strong signal. Thank you again.

This was very helpful 🙂

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

glad it helped! Might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it 🙂 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements