× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 powerline connection to router

CJSMelb
Follower

EX6200 powerline connection to router

Hi there. I currently use my Ex6200 connected via WiFi to my home router. But performance suffers due to the solid brick construction of intervening walls etc. I was thinking about running a powerline link to near the EX6200 and connecting to it with a short run of ethernet cable. And then having the EX beam out as a WiFi extender albeit with a stronger signal given the wired connection back to the home router. Is this architecture doable? Reading the various documents on line its not clear to me. If possible to do are there any tips or hints? Cheers

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6200 powerline connection to router

We can't say 100% if it'll work. 

Reason why is powerline can be finicky. Many things can influence it. I could go over the list but it basically comes down to, try it. 

If you're home happens to not function well with powerline, simply return them. If it does, then its a great solution to your problem. 

I've used poweline like that at my home in the past. And powerline worked great if they were on the same circuit but on a seperate circuit, they were worthless and I had to go back to using access points. 

Basically most tips can come down to an article like this:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-tips-improve-speed-powerline-network/

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7