× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 wifi extender is frozen. won't reset - frozen with the numbers 1-5 lit up.

Lucybuu
Follower

EX6200 wifi extender is frozen. won't reset - frozen with the numbers 1-5 lit up.

In tears here with this thing.

I've hardly used this machine: it's been sat safely on a shelf for a year. I managed to get it working a few weeks ago after hours of faffing, only to turn it off at the wall (I don't want things left on in my room at night, so I can't see how this should be a problem) and for it to not work anymore. I made no changes to my BT network on the BT hub5 during that time--didn't even turn it off.

It never worked as it says in the book/ the 5ghz light only lit now and then, even when I was connecting to it. This happened on two machines as I returned the first, so i assumed it was my fault and never got round to conatcing support or getting my money back in warranty as I was away.

Now it won't reset using the pinhole button. I've turned it on and off, unplugged it for 10 minutes, plugged it into the Mac and the wifi router following vcarious directions on here. Its frozn with the numbers 1-5 lit up. Nothing else happens. These are on even without an ethernet cable in a port. 

I'm at my wits end here. i spemt £100 on this thing and its never worked properly. I cant reset it using the online method as the router wont even light up or connect. help! 😞

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6200 wifi extender is frozen. won't reset - frozen with the numbers 1-5 lit up.

Hello Lucybuu

If the extender is completely locked up and reset is not working then I would contact support if the extender is still under hardware warranty.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7