× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200v2 Unable to Access Internet

ocnblue
Tutor

EX6200v2 Unable to Access Internet

My Setup > Arris Surfboard SB6141 cable modem > Netgear R6200 Router > EX6200v2 Range Extender.

The EX6200v2 worked for a few months but something went wonky over the weekend and jacked everything up. My entire network which was solid for over a year just crashed on Friday. I thought it was Comcast but when I disconnected the EX6200 everything came back to life. I am beginning to wonder if the firmware was updated automatically and brought my entire network down. 

I reset the EX6200v2 back to factory (several times) and went through the setup again. That all goes fine except that I can't get out to the internet when I connect directly to the extender or via wifi.

The other odd thing is if I try and connect to my main wireless network, I can't do that either. It just will not connect to the ssid via wireless. If I turn off the EX6200v2 my main WiFi ssid allows me to connect and all is well again. (hit head against the wall at this point)

Anyone have any issues connecting to the internet after a "Successful" setup? 

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6200v2 Unable to Access Internet

Do you have a separate SSID for the extender? after the factory reset did you clear the old SSID from your devices in the wireless settings they could be trying to use old settings if you gave the extender the same name and password. Also make sure the firmware is up to date on the extender and router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7