× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6400 AC1900. Apparently the extender is disrupting my internet signal so Netflix won't run now.

rleisson
Follower

EX6400 AC1900. Apparently the extender is disrupting my internet signal so Netflix won't run now.

I have an EX6400 extender. Today (for the second time) my streaming TV (netflix and hulu) connection has become unusable.  Netflix shows my connection speed is all of a sudden too slow .050 Mbps.  Other speed tests say the dnld speed from my isp is 11 - 12 Mbps. I have reset my entire network 4 times now with no improvement. My internet speed seems to improve when not connected via the net extender. 

By the way, having to pay for tech. support is BS.

I'm thinking that I may have to reset and re-set up my extender .  I wondered if anyone els else has had this problem or can advise on what to do.

Thx. Randall Leisson

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6400 AC1900. Apparently the extender is disrupting my internet signal so Netflix won't run ...

You may want to adjust your wireless channel on your router to get better wifi connection to the extender I linked a KB on how to do this.

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7