× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 WiFi Extender Firmware Update causing constant restarts

LarOz
Initiate

EX7000 WiFi Extender Firmware Update causing constant restarts

I updated the firmware on my Nighthawk EX7000 WiFi extender to Firmware Version 1.0.1.78 from 1.0.0.66. I left the settings the same without enabling any new featuers (One WiFi Name, Smart Connect, and Smart Roaming). After the upgrade, the EX7000 extender kept restarting approx every 10 to 15 minutes. I reconfigured the connection back to the base router, but the rebooting continued. I reverted the firmware back to 1.0.0.66 and the problems went away.

My base router is the Vodafone WiFi hub supplied for NBN in Australia (https://www.vodafone.com.au/support/nbn/wi-fi-hub). I have the extender configured for 2.5G and 5G connections.

Any advice or help with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: EX7000 WiFi Extender Firmware Update causing constant restarts

Hi,

I've also been having nothing but problems with my EX7000 (used in AP mode) since the V1.0.1.78_1.0.140 firmware upgrade.

I've just disabled the "Smart Connect" feature (which I can't see how this would be relevant in AP mode anyway...) and so far it seems to be working OK.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 8
jferra1016
Tutor

Same issue here. I did a factory reset. Well at lest that what the software let me select. And I  did NOT load any new/current software and it still is having same issue. Constantly resetting at Radom times.  Did you down load older version to laptop. And hard connect the wifi router to your network when you uploaded the firmware?

Message 3 of 8
LarOz
Initiate

I downloaded the previous firmware onto my PC and uploaded when connecting to WiFi, but connecting with a LAN cable should work fine as well. 

Message 4 of 8
GuGu2077
Tutor

I had this issue as well immediately after upgrading to 1.0.1.78

The internet would drop out first followed by a reboot a few seconds later. It was happening every hour or even less.

Disabling SmartConnect didn't resolve the issue; was already disabled as I don't use the WiFi features. I have it setup to connect to my router via 5Ghz connection and distribute it via LAN. I use this setup instead of Powerline adapters, WiFi adapters or running cable. Works great.

What did fix the issue was rolling back to the previous firmware version 1.0.0.66

Message 5 of 8
Da1DaOnly1
Aspirant

I too am having the same issue. I am connecting 2 laptops, a desktop, & a network printer to this extender and connecting via 5G, my wireless devices, i.e., smartphones, tablets, and smart TV. I am also streaming via 5G. My router is an Asus RT-88U with AiMesh technology and is located in the basement of my home. My Netgear EX7000 is literally on the other end of the house on the upper floor. My home is 3000sq ft. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded the firmware to 1.0.1.78_1.0.140.

Message 6 of 8
jferra1016
Tutor

I downloaded the previous version to my laptop. I direct connected the laptop to the EX7000, logged into the router and reloaded that previous version....It solved the problem.....And have not loaded any NEW updates since.....if you do a factory reset before you do this...you need to note that it may reset passwords and any IP scheme you had configured.......so hence teh direct connect...NOT WiFi....when reloading previous version...

Message 7 of 8
RonnyC
Aspirant

My EX7000 / AC1900 began constantly rebooting too. I tried everything.

DOWNGRADING my firmware to the EX7000-V1.0.0.66_1.0.126 FIXED the issue. 

The problem was introduced with the EX7000-V1.0.1.78_1.0.140 upgrade.

You can go to the downloads page and download and then load the firmware into your router to correct the problem

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7