× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 in AP Configuration

Perfusion
Initiate

EX7000 in AP Configuration

Hello. I'm new to this community so I apologize if this has been covered already.  I've ran wifi from my house to my horse barn using direct burial Cat6.  I needed some cameras out there to monitor mares in foal.  In the barn I'm using a Netgear EX7000 configured in AP mode and a wifi camera.  This setup works great EXCEPT...I'd like to be able to use the remaining ethernet ports but the user manual says they are disabled in this configuration.  I'll admit that I've not tried them yet.  So my question is that if the ethernet ports are now useless what can I put out there that will give me both wifi and usable ethernet ports for hard wiring additional cameras etc.?   I've watched several videos on reconfiguring a second modem and using that but I'd rather purchase a product specifically built for this application if one exists!

Thanks....

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7000 in AP Configuration

Ease way to do this.

Buy a cheap 5-8 port switch. 

Go router-------line running to horse barn------->Switch------->EX7000 in AP mode (for wifi). 

then you have plenty of ethernet ports to use with one of the ports running to the EX7000. and the ex7000 to act as a wireless point. 

Message 2 of 4
Perfusion
Initiate

Thank you! Problem solved.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors