× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300v2 Extender not found

ambersovtrc
Aspirant

EX7300v2 Extender not found

I've been using the Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender (Model EX7300v2) for approx. 5 months. Setup was easy and it's been doing the job perfectly. Yesterday, my wifi went out (not sure if it was the actual internet or the wifi extender). Reset the wifi and the extender is not working- perhaps it is what actually stopped working in the first place. 

Of course I called support and since I'm out of the 90 day window, I'd have to pay $50 to have them help me. I tried unplugging it and letting it sit for a minute, and plugging it back in, nothing. For a while, I kept getting kicked out of the Nighthawk app and was told my password was incorrect (whole other issue as the instructions to reset your password take you in a giant circle because you can't actually get to a login page that allows you to reset password). 

Anyway, the app seems to be working a bit better, and I've tried a factory reset. The light that indicates connection from extender to mobile device is on and solid green, but the light that indicates connection between extender and the router is off. In the Nighthawk app, when I try to connect to the extender, it says extender not found. I'm at a loss on how to proceed, I reset the modem and router hoping that would help the extender connect to the modem but no such luck. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. To my knowledge there have been no changes to our ISP or the router or modem.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7300v2 Extender not found

What are the led's on it doing? 

What firmware is on the extender? 

Did you initially try setting it up using wps? If so, by default it sets up using the same ssid as the router. So it won't show up as separate. I don't trust the app very much lately so I'd recommend logging into your router and checking its attached devices page to see if its connected

Message 2 of 5
ambersovtrc
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. The only lights that are 'on' on the extender are the power light (steady green) and the light indicating the extender is connected to my phone (also steady green). 

I don't believe there is any firmware on the extender (I didn't install any, anyway)

No, I set it up wirelessly with the Nighthawk app. Honestly, I don't know how to log into the router. I lease space from another business and I guarantee they do not know how to log into the router either. 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

what router are you connecting it to? 

Is that router a business class one or consumer?

Message 4 of 5
ambersovtrc
Aspirant

It's a LINKSYS EA6900

Pretty sure it's consumer class

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation