× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7500 - Setup ok I think but after a while connection drops on 5ghz network between router and exte

rksj2005
Aspirant

EX7500 - Setup ok I think but after a while connection drops on 5ghz network between router and exte

• Hardware Version: EX7500
  • Firmware Version: V1.0.0.50_1.0.67

My device works ok but when I first setup it was properly connected to both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks from router and was accepting device connections to both networks no problem.  After a while I noticed that extender has disconnected on the 5 ghz network.  This is only visible of course when you login to the extender and the extender is still extending both frequencies(see screenshot below).  I've tried running smart setup a coouple of times but I get all the way to the last screen and it says it cannot connect to router using the supplied (correct) password.

How do I reconnect the extender on the 5Ghz frequency?

nighthawk no 5ghz connection.png

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band Wall Plug WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
rksj2005
Aspirant

Re: EX7500 - Setup ok I think but after a while connection drops on 5ghz network between router and

Actually - please ignore this post - the problem was on the router I just needed to turn the 5ghz band off and then on again and lo and behold it's working again!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
rksj2005
Aspirant

Re: EX7500 - Setup ok I think but after a while connection drops on 5ghz network between router and

Actually - please ignore this post - the problem was on the router I just needed to turn the 5ghz band off and then on again and lo and behold it's working again!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7