× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700 WiFi range extender

Lobsternetty
Tutor

Ex3700 WiFi range extender

Hi All:

Im going to be staying in my RV in a friends yard and they said I could use their WIFi.  I bought the EX3700 at a friends recommendation because they said the ones that plug in boost a better signal.  My question is this: because of Covid I cannot go in their house and access their router.  Can I just plug this extender in in my RV and set it up that way? I have their Wifi name and password. Any help will be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex3700 WiFi range extender

yes it is. Its also one of the videos on the support site. video's and manual are found here: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3700.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Yes you can. Just set it up using the installation assistant. 

The 1 issue you might run into is that many campers have a metal exterior that does a very good job of blocking wifi. If you can plug it in with an extension cord and and put the extender in a windows within line of sight of the home, it might get you much better wireless signal. 

Message 2 of 5
Lobsternetty
Tutor

Thanks so much for your suggestion!  I’m not very tech savvy so I appreciate the help.  How do I go about using the installation assistant?  Is that covered in the owners manual?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

yes it is. Its also one of the videos on the support site. video's and manual are found here: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3700.aspx

Message 4 of 5
Lobsternetty
Tutor

Thanks again for all your help! ☺️
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation