× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700 Wifi Extender

daddyis1
Aspirant

Ex3700 Wifi Extender

Hello Community,
Device light on my extender is intermittent (every 5 - 10 minutes) but the router, power and wps lights are all green. Can someone please suggest what I can do to fix
Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex3700 Wifi Extender

The device light is on when devices are connected to it. 

Is there an issue with it? 

Message 2 of 8
daddyis1
Aspirant

Yes, the light is intermittent, it goes in and out every 5 to 10 minutes
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@daddyis1 wrote:
Yes, the light is intermittent, it goes in and out every 5 to 10 minutes

the light going on/off isn't an issue. It means a device is connected and then not anymore. 

What issue are you actually having? 

Message 4 of 8
daddyis1
Aspirant

The issue that I am actually having, is trying to find out why the devices are not staying connected continuously. Example my ring security doorbell is not staying connected to the extender which means I am not able to effectively use that device. Can you please tell me why you think the devices are not staying connected continuously.
Please respond

Thanks
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

what router are you using?

firmware on your extender?

Most doorbells run of 2.4ghz signals. which are also more sensitive to interference. have you tried changing wifi channels on your primary router to account for this? 

Message 6 of 8
AZcats
Aspirant

That's my problem and recently, the device link stopped coming on altogether. Since I'm technologically challenged, and don't want to wire my whole house, what gives?   I've tried moving it around in the middle of the house (router is in front).  Haven't tried resetting it to factory specs yet (when is THAT needed?), nor going to the store (difficult with Coronavirus wreaking havoc).  

I also don't understand the limited instruction booklet mentioning moving devices closer to the extender.  That seems counterintuitive to me!  I did just download the manual, and granted, this isn't the most expensive item out there.   I have Ring camera, a laptop and cell phone, but now working from home.   Need things to work!

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

@AZcats wrote:

That's my problem and recently, the device link stopped coming on altogether. Since I'm technologically challenged, and don't want to wire my whole house, what gives?   I've tried moving it around in the middle of the house (router is in front).  Haven't tried resetting it to factory specs yet (when is THAT needed?), nor going to the store (difficult with Coronavirus wreaking havoc).  

I also don't understand the limited instruction booklet mentioning moving devices closer to the extender.  That seems counterintuitive to me!  I did just download the manual, and granted, this isn't the most expensive item out there.   I have Ring camera, a laptop and cell phone, but now working from home.   Need things to work!

Its best not to thread jump. If you're having issues, start your own post so we can help you with advice specific to your situation. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7