× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700

Kiwi58
Guide

Ex3700

Hello,

I have an ex3700 WiFi extender. I have gone onto the netgear support page and see the firmware downloads. I can select them and it downloads. When I select the extracted file it says this is a system ,chk file. What should be happening if I’m downloading these firmware updates properly?
Thank you
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex3700

glad you got it working! 

You might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

that should be the file type. 

You upload that to the extender. 

How do I manually update the firmware on my NETGEAR WiFi Extender? - NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 7
Kiwi58
Guide

Thank you <br><br>I have watched the video and run through all the steps and unfortunately get stuck on the step where I put in the Netgear webpage to complete the download. Both on my laptop and my phone I can’t get it to work. I also tried Ethernet cord. I moved the range extender into same room as router and tried to take that step but no luck. It keeps saying I’m not connected to the internet. I also tried the 192.168.1.250 and it times out. I ran the troubleshooter and it says it’s not connecting right. I also tried the steps of clearing browsers history but no luck. Any other ideas what’s not working? I know I do have internet when using the range extender log in - it definitely works. For some reason though it gets stuck at that page and won’t let me complete the firmware download process. Any suggestions appreciated.<br><br>Thank you
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

a screensnip or screen recording helps to see what you're doing/going through in a little more detail. 

If you open the snipping tool, you can do either option. That might help me to help you better. 

Message 4 of 7
Kiwi58
Guide

Thankyou for offering to help

I did have success this morning!! I saw you can look to what the ex3700’s up address is from looking it up on your router’s connected devices page. And that worked!!! I was able to do my firmware updates no problem.

Thank you
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

glad you got it working! 

You might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it

Message 6 of 7
Kiwi58
Guide

Yes Thankyou! Ok - I’ll take care of that!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series