× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extending range of EX6200

Tazio
Aspirant

Extending range of EX6200

Hello there Having recently purchased a EX6200 and linked it to our wifi router in the house it is working fine ! however i have an office out in the garden and i was hoping that the EX6200 would have the range to deliver me wifi but unfortualtly it does not .. i have an apple airport time capsule in the office and was wondering weather i can cable from the EX6200 to the time capsure which has built in airport , would that work and if so what would be the best way to connect the two ? Any help much appriciated !

Many thanks James 

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: Extending range of EX6200

Yes, you can cable the EX6200 to the Time Capsule.  Use Ethernet.

Message 2 of 4
Tazio
Aspirant

Thanks would that mean that by linking the 6200 to my airport via Ethernet that my airport would then deliver wifi ? The building is about 30 metres away would I see a lot of drop off via Ethernet over that distance? And if so is there a better way of getting wifi from the 6200 to the building ? Many thanks ..

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

@Tazio wrote:

Thanks would that mean that by linking the 6200 to my airport via Ethernet that my airport would then deliver wifi ?

You can set up your Airport to deliver Wi-Fi.  You should set it to bridge mode.

The building is about 30 metres away would I see a lot of drop off via Ethernet over that distance? And if so is there a better way of getting wifi from the 6200 to the building ? Many thanks ..

Each Ethernet segment can go up to 100 metres.  There is no drop off in speed.  Use Cat 5E cable or better.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7